Saturday, July 31, 2010

Todays "Folk Tale"

This is my grandfather JEWELL JONES and step grandma LEAH . They lived in Huntington, Utah.
Jewell is the father of my dad, Thomas Benjamin Jones (1948).I never had a chance or choice to
connect and get to know this side of my family, except for few occasions, such as funerals. I do remember one time going over to their house i was maybe 8 years old. In the living room grandpa had several music instruments. He played the mandolin for me, and i thought it was the greatest thing. He also played the harmonica, being so young it was a new thing for me to see, and I could not figure out how in the world how he made it sound so amazing. Grandma Leah played the organ.She also had a beauty salon set up in her garage, that was a huge thing for me to know. She is one of the reasons I decided to attend beauty school in my later years.
Grandpa died in 1984, I was 10 years old. I remember going to the funeral , I felt so out of place for not really knowing anyone else , except for Jewells brother Pete and wife Jean. I wish I knew more about my family. I have introduced my children to the family members I do know and we have been attending family reunions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments to let me know how I am doing, and ways to improve. Thanks.