Saturday, June 26, 2010

Jones family reunion 2010

 This years reunion was touching to me. I had gotten my dad Ben to agree to attend.
My dad hadn't seen his family in several years. IN fact I had only met few relatives
a couple times in my life... Until I got an invitation to last years reunion. At which
everyone had asked where dad was... I told them he couldn't be there. The fact was,
and i dont know all the details, there had been a falling out years ago, due to a woman
my grandfather married... From the sounds of it she hadn't been very nice at all.
 This year, my dad came to Huntington Utah with me, where he grew up, it took a bit to
find just where we needed to be, luckily I recognized Lenna from last year. As dad
stepped out of my car she said "I just KNOW you have to be a Jones boy! Look at you"
I smiled and said hello, and she looked at me, then at my dad.... "Ben? BENNY!!!!" Lenna
was excited. Big hugs.. We walked in and only a few were there at the time.
 In uncle Petes letters he talked about how wonderful it would be to see Ben again, and
he missed him very much. When I had responded to that letter I wasn't sure if dad would
be there... Dad stepped into another room in the building we were in, and as he did I saw
Uncle Pete and Aunt Jean walk in, I walked quickly over to give hugs and hellos.
 After a minute or so I was asked about my dad being there, but before I could say
anything, Uncle Pete's eyes lifted at the sight of my dad walking up to us. He got the biggest
smile, oh he was so happy to see my dad, I thought he was going to jump up and down. !!
A short time later cousin Dixie walked in, this is the first time i had met her. She is also a very
warm and welcoming person, very sweet. She saw my dad and was so happy she had tears
streaming down her face. It was very touching..... And a bit sad for me, to see how much they
loved and missed my dad. And to see what a wonderful family I had and never got the chance to know.
 Well, I have that chance now to make up what I can. And I will take every oppertunuty to
keep in touch, visit, and attend future reunions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments to let me know how I am doing, and ways to improve. Thanks.